Empress of the Universe

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Sentimental? Or Just Plain Mental?

I was looking for something in the basement today. Always happens like that - I start out looking for something and end up spending hours cleaning, organizing, completely distracted from the original task.

I still haven't found what I'm looking for, but I did come across a tonne of Shannon's childhood memories. No, really, a tonne! She's an only child, remember? There were great pictures, cards, artwork she had made, letters from school, report cards, Brownie badges, certificates from riding classes, swimming classes, drama camp.

I also came across this cartoon I had drawn, entitled "A Day in the Life of Shannon."




Click on the image to enlarge. If you can't read it, it says:

A Day in the Life of Shannon, Volume I. She woke up. Her cat didn't. She ate breakfast and read a book. She even put her dishes in the DW and read a book. She took a shower and read a book. She even read her book while she brushed her teeth! She even read a book while getting dressed and to catch the school bus. At school, all the other kids wanted to play. Shannon read her book instead. When the teacher was teaching math, Shannon would be reading her book. She even read her book while playing volleyball! Her team was happy when she scored 5 points! At lunch, she read her book (of course!). After school, she went shopping with her friends and she read a book!! When she went to the babysitter's, to the doctor's, even when she went to visit her Gramma, Shannon always had her nose in a book. Shannon loved to read! Especially when she went to bed! No matter where Shannon went, she read a book, except...... WHEN SHE WAS RIDING A HORSE! But when she went home agin, she read a book!

Hey, I didn't say it was good.... I just thought it was cute! Especially the pictures of the cat, the drawing of Shannon spiking the volleyball from behind the book, and the plant on the table at "Gramma's" house!



Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should put all of those memories in a scrap book and give it to Shannon on her wedding day.
Only after making an exact duplicate for yourself....to show the grandkids of coarse!!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

What a GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT idea! The only problem is, she's an only child. I saved almost everything. Her memory book would be bigger than the Encyclopedia Brittanica! I guess I'll have to work on that!

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home