Empress of the Universe

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Me as Movie Critic

Since the words "random" and "rapid-fire" appear recently to be trademarked, I am pleased to present the quick and useless ramblings of my brain:

Me as movie critic: This is the first year of my life that I have actually seen many of the movies topping the big categories at the 2007 Academy Awards. In this day and age that makes me fully qualified to comment on the recent nominations for Best Picture. I loved Little Miss Sunshine - it's a quirky little charmer from left field, but it is not even in the same league, same category, same anything as DreamGirls, which is a bright, powerful, magnificent film that was tragically overlooked by the nominating committee. There is no question in my opinion, on any level -- story, dancing, singing, production values, star talent and supporting talent -- DreamGirls outshines Chicago which won for Best Picture in 2003.

You've Got Mail! It is far easier to comment on blogs than it is to write one!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dream Girls should definitely be nominated for best costumes.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home