Empress of the Universe

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

McDonalds and KFC - How Stupid is This?

I enjoy McDonald's breakfast every once in a while. My favourite is a Sausage McMuffin with egg and 2 hash browns. My favourite drink in the whole wide world is club soda, lots of ice. But not every McD serves club soda; in fact, very few do.

So I end up ordering exactly this: Sausage McMuffin with Egg and 2 hash browns, please.

Twice in the past two weeks the attendant has asked what drink I would like with my order. "No drink," I answer.

"But it's cheaper if you order a drink," she says.

Huh?

Tonight I went to the KFC drive-thru. "May I take your order?" the attendant asked. "Yes, I'd like a 3 pc meal, please" (I always say please.)

"And what drink would you like with that?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I don't want a combo," I said. "Just a meal, no drink."

"But it's cheaper to get it with a drink," she says.

Huh?

How can the same food be cheaper if I order a drink? Doesn't the franchisee have to pay for the syrup, servicing the fountain, the ice, the cup and lid AND the attendant to pour the drink, reducing productivity, and slowing down drive-thru service overall? And I pay LESS?

What business school did these guys go to?

I'm going to start ordering the drink just so I can pay less. Then I'm gonna leave it on the curb just outside the drive thru.

Let's add an additional cost -- now the lot and lobby worker has more garbage to pick up.

How stupid is that?

(c) Michelle Henderson
aka Empress of the Universe

Online at www.empressgallery.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Auntie. Your site makes me chortle, I like this one. See you soon,
Love Jess

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home